Monday, April 29, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of Year


It’s that time of year when I begin to feel a little overwhelmed.  School is almost out and graduation party announcements have begun coming to my door and my email; where did this entire year go? Registration for summer events and fall activities all need to be filled out and paid for. Summer Sunday school classes loom with their need for teachers, interns need to be hired, and can there really be just over two months left before Summer Blitz (our church's version of VBS)? Are we ready? These are the times when I stop and ask myself, “What were you thinking? Why would you be on a board, a steering committee, and say that we would take every kid who wants to come to Summer Blitz? Who gave the teachers the summer off, was that really a good idea?”

At times like this I am reminded to stop and think of the one who has called me. The one who said these were all good things. The one who said, He would provide all that was needed.

If you were to come into my office today and snoop around you would find several reminders of God’s faithfulness: a circle drawn on a chalkboard to remind me of missionary Gypsy Smith’s prayer for revival, a verse about confident hope on the sticky note on my computer monitor, and a sign reminding me that “it is easy to be happy”, because happiness comes from God not my circumstances.

I know I am not the only one with teetering piles of responsibility surrounding me on this Monday morning, and so I remind you as God has reminded me, So know that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God. He will keep his agreement of love for a thousand lifetimes for people who love him and obey his commands.” Deuteronomy 7:9

Today, rest in the assurance that the God who loves you has called you, He has strengthened you, and He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment