Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Trust


Fear comes in many forms: heart-stopping, terrifying, or a nagging worry.  The fear that we imagine can be so much worse than the reality before us. Our theme for Summer Blitz (VBS) is “Facing Fear, Trusting God”, and in KIDs Church we have been memorizing Matthew 10:31 “So don’t be afraid, you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.”  I am surrounded by reminders that God is in control and that he is trustworthy.

This week in particular God has been reminding me to trust him for the intangibles.

A devotion I was reading earlier today put it like this: “When I (God) look upon you, I do not see a victim of circumstances. I expect you to be victorious. When I look upon you, I do not think, “Oh, what a poor and pathetic thing we have here.” I think “There is My child called by My name to trust Me.” I keep you in perfect peace when your mind is fixed solidly on Me, unmovable and in total harmony with My thoughts.”

Trust in the One who has called you by name.


(quote from His Thoughts Toward Me, by Marie Chapian)

No comments:

Post a Comment