Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Comforter


The other day I received one of “those” emails. The ones that people forward, the ones sometimes viewed as “junk”, the ones I usually don’t even open before deleting! This email reminded me that today and every day, God is my comforter.


 “A four-year-old child had a next door neighbor who was an elderly gentleman, who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old Gentleman's' yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.  When his mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy just said, 'Nothing, I just helped him cry.'” (author unknown)

God knows our heartaches and our hurts. He knows the cry of our hearts.  We can absolutely climb onto the lap of our Savior. He will comfort us, and he will understand our deepest hurts and longings. He will hear our cry.  Psalm 56:8 tells us, ”You keep track of all my sorrows, you have collected my tears in your bottle, you have recorded each one in your book.”  Like sea glass or shells collected on the shore as a treasure, God collects my tears. My tears and sorrows have meaning to him. 
Psalm 10:17 says, “O Lord, you have heard the desire of the humble. You will strengthen their heart, you will incline your ear.”  When all else is failing me, when I can’t stand alone, I can rely on God to strengthen my heart.

Our heavenly father knows your heart. He hears the desires of those who seek Him.  He strengthens our hearts, and he listens to our hurts.  Such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment